Waves Weekly 6/4/18
Congrats to all Waves who competed in our dual meet on Saturday, as well as Summer Champs on Sunday. Saturday was a great result against the Otters. Our 6 & under, 7/8’s, 9/10’s, and 11/12’s all swept their relays for the day. In particular, Elizabeth Cook, Brett Doehring, Ava Casperson, Aiden Weaver, Riley Weaver, and Sophie Ebert are to be singled out for getting first place in all three of their individual events. Last, but certainly not least, special congratulations to Clay Mathews for breaking the pool and team record in the 50 butterfly in the 13/14 age group. Clay broke Waves records that stood since 2005 and 2004 and this was after swimming Blue Tide practice that morning! Way to go Clay! Onto this week:
1.Final Dual Meet vs. Mills Branch
2. Waves outing to SplashTown on June 13th
3. Volunteer Requirements
4. Last week to turn in Swim-a-thon collections (Due June 7th)
5. Divisionals Meet
6. Post Season Invitational Meets
1. Check in for swimmers and volunteers for Mills Branch will be at 7:15 with a warm up to follow shortly after that. As always, look for the pink tents to check in your swimmer(s) and confirm your volunteer shifts. Please logon to the site as soon as possible to register your swimmer. We are unable to make late additions to the meet for dual meets and the deadline is midnight on Wednesday night. Please remember that for dual meets, swimmers can only register for a maximum of three individual events. If your swimmer will not be swimming, please click on the RSVP button next to the meet and enter your swimmer’s name.
2. The Waves are confirmed for Wednesday, June 13th for our SplashTown outing.We will not have practice that day. Tickets are $35 a piece, which includes one admission ticket and unlimited buffet lunch that includes hamburgers, grilled chicken sandwiches, beans, corn, chips, and fountain drinks. This is an annual tradition for the Waves as we take a day to have fun as a team and with the coaches. Feel free to purchase tickets for friends and families. We have a reserved lunch pavilion and the Waves can place towels, shoes, sunblock and other necessities there during the day. Parking passes are also available for $6 each. Liz Olsen will be selling those at practices this week and at the meet this Saturday.
3. Volunteer Requirements – As the season winds down, please make sure you are paying attention to your five shift requirement for the season. We still have a number of shifts open for Saturday’s meet that we will need help with. I will be contacting families individually this week that have either not completed five shifts or do not have five shifts reserved for the season (including this weekend’s meet). Volunteer Fee charges will be assessed the week of June 18th.
4. All swim-a-thon forms and collections are due by June 7th. Please wrap up your fundraising and let's raise a great amount for the L3 Foundation! Turn in your forms to the coaches or a board member this week.
5. The end of year Divisionals meet will take place at the Summer Creek High School natatorium on June 16th. This is open to all swimmers who have a confirmed time in a dual meet for the event(s) they wish to register in up to a maximum of three individual events. Divisionals is the final regular season meet of the year and we swim against the five other times within our division in an indoor facility, which also provides indoor, air conditioned team waiting areas. We encourage all of our swimmers and ages to compete and finish out the regular season on a high note.
6. Finally, on June 23rd and June 24th, we will be participating in the post season invitational meets of All Stars and Ponderosa. Both All Stars and Ponderosa have qualifying standards to achieve before you are eligible to register. On our homepage under the links section, we have a link with more information on each meet, which includes qualifying standards. Swimmers can still qualify for All Stars and Ponderosa at the Mills Branch meet and/or Divisionals. Both invitationals also have indoor team waiting areas to allow everyone to escape the heat while waiting between events.