Waves Weekly 5/29/18
1. Home Meet vs. Village Otters
2. Waves Swim-a-thon is this Wednesday, May 31st, please finalize your fundraising!
3. Swim Clinics – Backstroke on Tuesday evening, breaststroke on Thursday
4. Summer Champs Invitational Meet – Sunday, June 3rd
1. Saturday morning will be our final home dual meet of the season vs. the Village Otters. Check in will once again be at 7:00. Look for the pink tents set up on the front lawn, to the left of their clubhouse. All swimmers and volunteers must check in and warm ups will begin at 7:15. Please logon to the site as soon as possible to register your swimmer. We are unable to make late additions to the meet for dual meets and the deadline is midnight on Wednesday night. Please remember that for dual meets, swimmers can only register for a maximum of three individual events. If your swimmer will not be swimming, please click on the Meet Entry button and let us know they are not attending.
2. Our 2018Swim-a-thon will be this Wednesday. Attached to this email is the fundraising form for Swim-A-Thon. This will be a fun time for the kids as we will have music and cold treats for the kids participating. Swim-a-thon splits proceeds to benefit a capital item needed by the Waves and supports a local charity. This year, funds raised will be split 50/50 to go towards the purchase of needed tents and to benefit the L3 (Live, Love, Landon) Foundation. All swimmers will try to swim as many laps as possible during practice in order to raise funds. You can learn more about L3 Foundation and the worthwhile work they do with families impacted by childhood cancer at the following link: https://www.l3foundation.com/ Our website does not provide online functionality for fundraising (at this time), so please use the attached pledge form to help raise funds from family, neighbors, and friends. Checks are payable to Fosters Mill Kings Point Swim Team and all donations are tax-deductible as the Waves and the L3 Foundation are 501c3 non-profits.
3. This is our last week for swim clinics. Today will be butterfly followed by starts and turns on Thursday. As always the clinics will run from 7:00 to 7:45. I strongly recommend participation in the swim clinics if your schedule allows for it. Ages 7 and up will be refining butterfly technique Tuesday night and perfecting their starts and turns on Thursday. The cost for each clinic is $20 per swimmer, payable to the coaches when you arrive.
4. Our first invitational meet of the season, Summer Champs, will be this Sunday, June 3rd. This meet is hosted by Blue Tide Aquatics and located at the Kingwood Park High School natatorium. Session 1: 11-18 Girls and Boys Events Meet starts at 8:30 a.m. Group 1 warm-ups begin at 7:05 am/Group 2 warm-ups begin at 7:30 am/ Group 3 warm-ups begin at 7:55 am Session 2: 10 & under Girls and Boys Events Meet starts at 2:30 p.m.(or 2 hours after the conclusion of Session 1) Warm-ups will begin immediately following the conclusion of Session 1 Group 1 warm-ups begin at 1:00 pm/Group 2 warms begin at 1:25 pm/ Group 3 warm-ups begin at 1:50 pm Warm-up assignments and a timeline will be posted on the BTA website at www.swimbluetide.org at least two days prior to the event and we will forward that via email once posted. Parents just need to bring your chairs and whatever info your swimmer will need for the meet. Full concessions, shirts, and typical accessories are available to purchase at the meet.