Waves Weekly 5/14/18
Congratulations to all of our new swimmers participating in their first dual meet this past weekend. We had some great time improvements and results from our 6 & unders and it is always good to see success in our younger swimmer’s results. Thanks to all who attended for getting your swimmers down to Fall Creek early on a Saturday morning. Today, we’ll discuss the following:
1. Home Meet vs. Summerwood this Saturday
2. Swim Clinics – Starts and Turns on Tuesday at Kings Point, Freestyle on Thursday
3. Leaving Meets Early
4. College Coaches Return This Week
5. Picture Day – Wednesday, March 23rd
6. Pep rally this Friday
7. Pictures for the website and FMKP facebook site
1. Saturday morning will be our first home dual meet of the season vs. the Summerwood Stingrays where we will get to defend our home turf, er…water. Check in will be at 7:00 with warms up beginning promptly at 7:15. Look for the pink tents set up on the front side of our lawn area. All swimmers and volunteers must check in and warm ups will begin shortly thereafter. Please logon to the site as soon as possible to register your swimmer. We are unable to make late additions to the meet for dual meets and the deadline is midnight on Wednesday night. Registration instructions are on the front page of our website if you need any assistance. Please remember that for dual meets, swimmers can only register for a maximum of three individual events. If your swimmer will not be swimming, please click on the Meet Entry button and let us know that they will not attend.
2. Swim clinics continue on Tuesday and Thursday and run from 7:00 to 7:45. I strongly recommend participation in the swim clinics if your schedule allows for it. Ages 7 and up will be focusing on starts and turns Tuesday night and freestyle on Thursday. Starts and turns will be a great class for those needing to work on flip turns and IM turns. Being consistent and quick off the start is a simple way to shave seconds off of times. The cost for each clinic is $20 per swimmer, payable to the coaches when you arrive.
3. If you have to leave a meet early, please do two things. If you know in advance that you will be leaving early, please note that in the comments when completing your Meet Entry for the swimmer. Also, on the day of the meets, please let the tent parents know that you are pulling your swimmer. This saves us time in trying to locate a swimmer that has already left or scramble to fill a late relay.
4. Please welcome our college coaches back home this summer. Aley Shimel returned on Friday from the University of Kansas and on Tuesday we will get Christian L’Italienand Julia O’Bryant back from St. Louis University. I want to thank our high school coaches for helping in the meantime: Isabelle George, Angela Duplantis, Mason Weaver, and Angela Ferguson.
5. Reminder that we will have Picture Day on Wednesday, May 23rd, beginning at 4 pm. We will not have practices that day. Scott Tate photography will be at the Kings Point pool to take individual pictures of your swimmer and a group picture of the entire team around 5:15 or so. Please have your swimmer available in the team swimsuit for picture day. Order forms are located on the links section of our website and we will also email the order forms out next week.
6. We will have a Friday pep rally at the Kings Point pool on Friday after practices, beginning at 6:45. More details to follow!
7. Believe it or not, we do actually rotate and add pictures to our website and the Waves Facebook site. If you object or do not wish to potentially have a picture of your child being on either of these sites, please let me know and we will manage around that. Many thanks!