Waves Weekly 5/7/18
Thank you all for your help in getting the season off and running during Wacky Waves. It was great to see many of our first time swimmers getting their first taste of a meet environment and it was great to see so many of our older year-round swimmers with the opportunity to participate with the Waves again. Today, we’ll discuss the following:
1. Away Meet at Fall Creek
2. Swim Clinics – Breaststroke Clinic on Tuesday, Butterfly on Thursday
3. Swim Caps have finally arrived!
4. Picture Day is scheduled for May 23rd, No Practice that Day
5. Waves Swim-a-thon is scheduled for May 30th
1. Saturday morning is our first dual meet of the season at the Fall Creek Pool. Check in will once again be at 7:30. Look for the pink tents set up on the front, right side of the Fall Creek clubhouse/pool. All swimmers and volunteers must check in and warm ups will begin shortly thereafter. Please logon to the site as soon as possible to register your swimmer. We are unable to make late additions to the meet for dual meets and the deadline is midnight on Wednesday night. Registration instructions are on the front page of our website if you need any assistance. Please remember that for dual meets, swimmers can only register for a maximum of three individual events. If your swimmer will not be swimming, please click on the RSVP button next to the meet and enter your swimmer’s name. If your swimmer did not swim at time trials and has not been timed by the coaches yet, please make sure they are timed at practice today.
2. Swim clinics continue Tuesday and Thursday and run from 7:00 to 7:45. I strongly recommend participation in the swim clinics if your schedule allows for it. Ages 7 and up will be focusing on breast stroke Tuesday night, and the butterfly on Thursday. For the 7 and 8 year olds still new to these strokes, this is a great opportunity to gain more refinement or more individualized attention. Older swimmers will benefit from focusing closer attention on the details that can help shave seconds off of times. The cost for each clinic is $20 per swimmer, payable to the coaches when you arrive.
3. Swim Caps have arrived. If you ordered and paid for your cap online, the caps will be available and out at today’s practices. Your cap(s) will be inside an envelope with your family’s name. The envelopes will be in a box on the lifeguard room’s ledge as you enter the pool on the right hand side.
4. Picture Day will be Wednesday, May 23rd, beginning at 4 pm. Scott Tate photography will begin taking individual pictures at 4 pm, followed by a team picture around 5:15. We will not have practices that day. Please have your swimmer available in the team swimsuit or a blue swimsuit for picture day. Order forms will soon be available.
5. During practice on May 30th, the Waves will hold their fundraiser event, Swim-a-thon. Swim-a-thon splits proceeds to benefit a capital item needed by the Waves and supports a local charity. For 2018, funds raised will be split 50/50 to go towards the purchase of new tents and to benefit an area charity. More information on Swim-a-thon will be distributed next week.